A special group of donors who care enough about the hungry of our community to make a 5 year financial pledge of $1,000 or more annually to insure that the South Plains Food Bank will have a sustainable flow of funding for operations.
Wouldn’t you like to see hunger eliminated? The Hunger’s Hope Giving Society is the foundation that makes our dream a reality.
As a member of the Giving Society, your pledge provides ongoing support to feed the hungry in the 21 county South Plains region. Your gift makes certain that in tough economic times children have nourishing meals, at-risk youth have opportunities to learn job and life skills, families and seniors get a nutritious food box and those living in rural areas have access to the food they need.
What your pledge means to the Hungry of the South Plains Food Bank. …
Sustainable funding equips the South Plains Food Bank to meet future needs and carry out plans to feed those we are not serving today.
- Open new Kids Cafes after school feeing programs in neighborhoods with a high percentage of low income families
- Stock our empty warehouse with purchased food when donations are low
- Feed the increasing number of families coming to our agencies for food.
- Provide more low-income, at-risk youth with life-skills training through the GRUB program at the Carolyn Lanier Farm.
- Reach more senior citizens and families with young children living in rural areas with our mobile pantry.
- Retrieve more prepared but unserved foods from restaurants to serve at the soup kitchens.