Welcome to snap


How to Contact Us

Hours: 9am to 3pm - Monday through Friday

Phone: 806-686-1317

   Get Help Now  



We can help you apply for SNAP

The South Plains Food Bank’s Social Services Outreach Program (SSOP) provides assistance to people who don't have enough money to buy food, and to people who need healthcare for their families through Snap benefits (Food stamps), Medicaid, CHIP, Women's Health Initiative. In some cases, help is available to pay bills through TANF cash benefits.

Please contact our Social Services Manager, Denise Rudd at 806-763-3003, extension 26, or send an email at drudd@spfb.org  for more information.


Other Ways we can help

We also help with:

  • SNAP-Food Stamps
  • Children's Medicaid
  • Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Women's Health Program (Family Planning, Health screenings thru Medicaid Program)
  • CHIP Perinatal Program
  • Linkage and Referral Services to other social service providers and other food bank programs

We can help you look at your financial situation and determine if you can apply for programs like SNAP. You may qualify if your income and other resources are under certain limits. You can have a car, a house, and or some savings and still be eligible.

If you are undocumented, and have children who are United States citizens, you can apply for food stamps on their behalf.


Items You'll Need

You'll need the following information when applying:

  • Identification (for everyone in the household)
  • Social Security Numbers (for everyone in the household)
  • Birth Certificates for each adult and child (if applying for children's or pregnancy Medicaid)
  • Proof of Address
    • Utility Bills (gas, electric, oil, water, and telephone)
    • Rent Receipt/Agreement or Mortgage Statements and/or Tax Bill.
  • Proof of income for everyone in the household
    • If working, we need last 2-4 pay stubs.
  • Medical Expenses - ONLY if you are 60 and older and/or disabled
  • Child Day Care expenses